Business owners, leaders and sales managers have undoubtedly been faced with this pandemic-truth: your buyer’s behaviour is not what it used to be.
Over the past two years, businesses have had to grapple with in-person meetings turned virtual, supply chain holdups, changes to standard operating practices… you get the picture.
In this webinar, we narrowed our focus specifically to the changes in the customer buying journey, for both B2C and B2B.
“The way customers make purchasing decisions has really shifted drastically over the last 20 months. As things progress in this marketplace, what will return to normal and what can we expect to stick around?”
One of the ways in which buyer behaviour, preferences, and expectations has shifted is an ever-growing expectation for frictionless buying experiences. As buyers wade through more and more information, their need for a streamlined experience grows. In fact, our research unearthed a telling statistic: More than three-quarters of customers surveyed described their purchasing decisions as very complex or difficult.
And so the question is: How do we ensure that the buying journey is being simplified?
Here are some takeaways that you can apply to your business:
- Consider yourself, as a supplier, your customer’s guide throughout the buying journey that services to help them navigate that buying process.
- Identify ways to help your customer make their business – or lives – faster, easier, and more efficient.
- In a time where businesses are reevaluating their vendor relationships, drive brand attachment (that’s like loyalty but better) through activities like constant communication, small gifts, recognition, and handwritten notes.
- Ensure a first-class customer experience that over delivers and answers your customer’s objections.
While you take these recommendations into account, also remember: “Don’t take for granted that you know what your customer is thinking, make sure you’re asking.”
When you no longer understand your customer, research illuminates the opportunities you’re missing and the methods you can use to harness them.
Over the course of the pandemic, uncertainty has led us to come to terms with a resounding truth: change remains the name of the game. But how do you know the changes that you’re making to your business are the right ones? If you ask us, it all goes back to research.
If you missed our webinar on the pandemic-fuelled shifts in a buyer’s customer journey — or you’d simply like to relive it — check out the full recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKmNM7xv16Q
Recap of topics covered in Buyer Behavior + Lasting Effects of the Pandemic:
- B2B and B2C consumer trends
- What buyers are prioritizing
- How buyers purchase
- Why loyalty is in jeopardy
- Actionable steps forward