BottomLine is looking for someone who isn’t interested in monotony, and isn’t afraid to be a chameleon. This is a hybrid role that requires adaptability, intensity, and a genuine passion for client relations, business development/sales, and brand strategy. We’re looking for someone that can bridge the gap between strategist and account executive.
The ideal candidate is someone with strong leadership skills, excellent business acumen, and is comfortable with building and maintaining client relationships. The Brand Specialist role will establish rapport with potential clients by understanding their needs and communicating the ways in which BottomLine is uniquely qualified to support their business objectives. Thus, a strong level of understanding of BottomLine’s core capabilities and service offerings is a must. This role will support clients throughout the rest of the entirety of their customer journey while working closely with the admin and implementation team. The successful candidate is energized by high-volume client communications, proposing brand strategies and isn’t afraid of business development. Please know that there are no lone wolves at BottomLine, this position will work closely with the Business Development Team as well as support staff to build exceptional processes to improve sales and grow our business.
Still not sure if you fit the bill? Here’s a little more about who we’re looking for:
- Someone with 10+ years of prior experience in a senior brand strategy/research capacity, preferably with an agency
- Sales experience is strongly preferred but for the right candidate we’re willing to train
- Someone who is adept and confident with presenting in front of clients and is honest but approachable when advising business direction
- A savvy, results-oriented liaison between client and agency
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, confidence to present and speak to different audiences
- Have strong market research and strategic analytical talent
- Good collaboration and negotiation skills, able to build relationships, influence, manage conflict and collaborate with multiple parties – in a “non-salesy” and very relationship-based approach
Our ideal candidate has the above skills. For the right candidate, we can offer a development plan that can help bridge your existing skills and required skills to succeed in the role.
What you will be doing in this role:
- Conduct initial (thorough) needs assessment for prospective clients
- Making suitable, research-based suggestions and recommendations with clients’ individual business models & objectives in mind
- Selling and upselling BottomLine services throughout contract lifespan
- Collaborate with the Impact Assessment Coordinator and Brand Strategist to create a business development strategy for proposals for clients
- Collaborate with the Business Development admin team on updating the CRM, highlighting key accounts to engage with, develop proposals based on the strategy agreed on with the client and Brand Strategist
- Planning and presenting a thorough proposal to the potential client
- Assist the client throughout the entire BottomLine ecosystem, which includes attending meetings during the Impact Assessment to ensure the client is comfortable, as well major delivery meetings throughout the process and through implementation
- Report into our President, Lisa Genovese
What you won’t be doing in this role:
- Warming leads, initiating conversations, or prospecting. You will have meetings set up for you by the BD admin team, you just have to make the magic happen
- Putting together proposals or working with a CRM (you’ll have admin help for that!)
- Developing & implementing brand strategies (you will have input if you’d like but the IA team will handle the bulk of this work)
- Conducting primary or secondary research
- Managing the implementation or creative team
- Completing any implementation tasks
- Traveling 24/7 for work (we do our best to keep it all virtual where possible)
Who we are: The BottomLine team is made up of market research, marketing, business and digital professionals who craft extraordinary solutions that deliver results for our clients. Our diverse talents and collective experiences mean we are more than your average digital marketing agency. Brands both big and small work with us to re-discover their true value, reach new audiences and evolve their messaging to meet the needs of the market.
Why work with us: So, you know that you’re perfect for the role, but you’re wondering if we’re a good fit for you. Here’s what working with BottomLine looks like:
- Training and education on our processes, services, and core capabilities
- Excellent work/life balance, allowing you to thrive both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary + commission structure (among other fringe benefits)
- Collaborative, supportive, and rewarding company culture
- Unique personal/professional development opportunities + experiences
- Flexible working environment
- No 90-hour workweeks are found here!
Work Flexibility: BottomLine is a global company with team members across different time zones. We offer flexibility and work-from-home options, where you will have the freedom of time and place to boost productivity. However, we require a minimum of 4 hours of overlap with our business hours (Mountain Time). While we start early here in North America and love the sound of birds chirping and a good sunrise, we mostly wake up before the sun because we work in multiple time zones. This ensures that we have strong team communication and the ability to meet over video conference when required.
Compensation is based upon experience but will be a mix of both a fair base salary and commission structure.